I previously wrote about a sorority who sent out dress code regulations, such as no American Apparel denim leggings. While the concept was initially horrifying to me, I admit I do sometimes need a Mean Girl to force me to step up wardrobe choices and tell me I can't sit at their table during lunch.
So in order to rejuvenate my style and force me to be a little more fashion forward in my day to day life, I've come up with the following rules:
- Do not wear the same pair of trousers to work twice a week
- Before you leave the house put ON one accessory
- Wear non-black shoes at least once per week
- Wear color and/or print top & bottom combo at least once per week
- Wear a skirt or dress at least once per week
- Wear a multi-layered ensemble (not just top and cardigan!) once every other week
- Try dressing down a cocktail dress at least once a month
- Planning your outfits the night before is better than pretending you don't sleep in and throwing on whatever's closest each morning
- Don't be afraid to stand out!!
So I plan to start posting my outfits on Lucky Style Spotter and occasionally here too - you all have to hold me accountable! Any of you have your own rules to suggest or plan to follow yourself?