The style district of Washington DC, Georgetown, will transform into a shopper’s paradise on September 10, 2010 from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. as over 60 Georgetown stores, restaurants and salons participate in an epic evening of shopping, entertainment and fashion events during the global shopping celebration, Fashion’s Night Out. From Cirque du Soleil performances around the neighborhood, live music, a chic lounge exclusively for shoppers, and even a Wii tournament, Georgetown’s Fashion’s Night Out promises shoppers a memorable evening celebrating the fashion industry in DC’s most stylish neighborhood.
“Fashion’s Night Out is one of the biggest and most exciting global fashion events to ever come to DC, and Georgetown is absolutely thrilled to be the neighborhood leading the efforts for DC,” said Nancy Miyahira, marketing director at the Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID), who is sponsoring and organizing the neighborhood-wide event. “Georgetown merchants are very enthusiastic about Fashion’s Night Out and are producing over 60 exciting events to entertain fashionistas and shoppers.”
Fashion’s Night Out in Georgetown boasts over 60 unique, fashionable, don’t-miss events happening throughout the neighborhood. Examples of Fashion’s Night Out events include:
- “Juicy Boys” will greet customers at Juicy Couture with gourmet treats as shoppers enjoy fabulous fall merchandise and a gift-with-purchase fragrance with any purchase of $200 or more (full price only). 3034 M Street, NW
- Shoppers can enjoy refreshments and participate in Lacoste's Nintendo Wii tournament, for a chance to win prizes while browsing what's new for fall. 3146 M Street, NW
- Urban Chic will help shoppers get ready for fall with a Halston Heritage trunk show from 5 - 11 p.m. Shoppers can sip hand-crafted cocktails and nibble delicious treats with Urban Chic owner Lindsay Buscher and receive a gift with purchase. Later in the evening, DC style expert Kelly Collis Fredrick of CityShopGirl will be there to chat with guests about fall fashion trends. 1626 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
- For shoppers who build up an "Appetite for Fashion,” Farmers & Fishers will offer special fashionista-themed cocktails for $5 with all proceeds benefitting a local charity. Cocktails will be offered from 6 - 11 p.m. Diners will also receive a free dessert of their choice when showing $100 or more in receipts from participating Georgetown retailers. 3000 K Street, NW at Washington Harbour
- Fashionistas will flock to Proper Topper from 7-11 for a “fashion chat” with Jennfer Barger and Katherine Boyle of The Washington Post's Fashion Washington and Post Express! Guests will be treated to champagne, wine and nibbles as they chat with two of The Post's most respected fashion writers about interpreting fall trends and other topics. Proper Topper will also launch five new designer collections on Fashion's Night Out: Study, H. Frederickson, E.Y.Wada, Stewart + Brown and Yoanna Barashi.