Many of you probably don't know that I didn't do outfit posts prior to January 2010. That was when I gave myself a slightly belated resolution to follow - up my fashion game. I gave myself the following rules for dressing myself every morning in the hopes that I would break out of my ho hum rut:
- Do not wear the same pair of trousers to work twice a week
- Before you leave the house put ON one accessory
- Wear non-black shoes at least once per week
- Wear color and/or print top & bottom combo at least once per week
- Wear a skirt or dress at least once per week
- Wear a multi-layered ensemble (not just top and cardigan!) once every other week
- Try dressing down a cocktail dress at least once a month
- Planning your outfits the night before is better than pretending you don't sleep in and throwing on whatever's closest each morning
- Don't be afraid to stand out!!
bridal shower which I think really helped me break through my wall!
married!! I loved my dress, which I designed myself and highly recommend others do! I also got obsessed with my indigo blazer courtesy of Zara, chopped off my hair and went blonde!!
2011 was amazing, I'm not sure how I can have an even better year! I do plan to push my style boundaries though, what style resolutions should I make? I'm thinking I should wear more brooches and perhaps try out more monochrome looks... What suggestions do you have for me??